Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mowed Lawns, Lightening Storms and Swimming at night.

heeellooooo everyone
It is Saturday, June 30, and I would have updated this earlier, but Chris just took 4 and a half hours to select and register for his courses for DAL. I'm glad to announce that he's finally FINALLY done.
I have to be quick because Briggins was kind enough to let me come on before him...

Week one of training is over... It was a good week. Really good actually. It's been cool just hanging out, spending time with and getting to know the people that are going to be my support network for the next two months.

We spend a lot of time going over policy stuff and praying for the campers and stuff that is going to happen here this summer, as well as some preparation of the camp property. On monday I mowed the lawn for the first time in my life. Two and a half hours, and four blisters(2 on my toes, 2 on my hands) later, a small portion on the lawn looked GREAT(if I do say so myself).

Two nights ago I woke up at about 4am and went to get something to eat, and out the window on the dining hall I stood and watched the most incredible lightening and thunder storm. It was over PEI and I could see blots of lightening coming down over the ocean, as well as lighting up clouds that covered pretty much the whole length of the Island. It was incredible, and I felt very very small.

Last night it was pouring out and so all of us FTS went out to run around in the rain(it was POURING), and on a whim we all decided to go swimming. in our clothes. at 11:00 pm. let me tell you, Mennonite square dancing is tricky to do in the ocean while wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants. It was a good night though.

So now week one is over and I'm hurrying to finish up and go to bed. Grades 2-4 camp is starting on Wednesday.
Chris says: I have to direct (he's directing), and I have no idea what I'm doing.
Good luck with that, chris. p.s. his toe nails are sickly orange right now.

Ok. Goodnight.
Mail me.
lovvvvvvve j

1 comment:

Janna said...

oh camp fun is SO wierd. nice to hear about the lightening storm Jules. it's nice to imagine exactly where you all are...a
i continue praying for you. love ya. j