Saturday, September 20, 2008

My mom always told me.....

.....that time went faster the older you were.

And I always thought that she was crazy.
Advice: never call your mother crazy- even in your head.

The past 7 months have gone by faster than I could ever imagined possible.
I have been so busy. They have been so full.
And dont get my wrong, I was busy with good things. Things that made me feel productive and used(in a good way) and like I was a part of something so much greater than the small person that I am. And those months were full-up with excitement, trials, things which made me uncomfortable.

Camp was great. Ecuador changed me. I learned so much and fell in love with a whole new life.
But now that those things are over(for now), I have to be honest and say that I'm feeling a little bit lost! Every morning for the past 7 months when I woke up I had a job, a purpose for the day. Be it teaching wonderfully impish kids English(aka keeping them from running all over the school), or making sure that the kids from my cabin were going to bed on time, drinking enough, staying in one piece, and knowing that they are Loved, I had something to do! Something specific.
Now I'm waking up and am wondering what to do with myself for the day.

Its a new phase. A new season.

I'm still waiting on direction as to where I am supposed to be in this next year. I'll hopefully know something soon.

This week I find a job. I will try to love it:) but actually probably I'll be dreaming about warmth in other continents. well. one to be more specific. And I'll start this new phase. Its temporary, right?

2 comments:

Briggins said...

Yay for updates.

Christiane said...

mmmm...good update Jules